Welcome back for episode 33 of the Think Digital podcast.
On this podcast, we talk to Becca Harper, founder of the number one fractional CFO provider in the country.
Becca’s keen financial insights make her sought after by multi-million-dollar companies and start-ups alike. What a fractional CFO does is to offer the high-level knowledge of a chief financial officer to a company, without the six-figure salary or pricey fringe benefits.
Specifically, what Becca has done for me, is to whip my financial booty into shape.
We’ve known each other for about five years and, in this episode, we reminisce about the stupid financial mistakes that I made in my own business after I went from making $30,000 a year to doing $30,000 a month in revenue. That was back when Becca was working for a mentor of mine. When she founded her own business, Clarity Consulting, I knew I had to be a client. Now, we’ve been fixing books together for two years. In a good way, that is…
On this episode we dive into the difference between hiring a bookkeeping company to simply organize your numbers, versus a fractional CFO who can look at those numbers and make them tell the story of your business
If you’re a founder or a CEO, you’ll also want to listen in to hear Becca explain why you –and your team–need to make sure you’re hiring, firing and rewarding around the core values of your company. She’ll share the pitfalls of not doing so.
What You’ll Learn In This Podcast Episode:
- The tips Becca would give five-years-ago Justin if she could go back in time. 7:03
- What it means to know your business’s real numbers. 9:03
- Why you need a plan for your “cash cushion” before the money starts rolling in. 12:58
- The entitlement that some business owners suffer from. 20:00
- My (cathartic) confession of my one spending weakness. 21:24
- Symptoms that may mean you need to look under your business’s financial hood. 34:05
- The #1 move to make when you ask someone to help with your business. 37:02
Links from This Episode: