Smaller Niche = Larger Revenue?
Welcome back for episode 32 of the Think Digital podcast.
On this podcast we talk to Sarah Temte, messaging strategist for high-ticket coaches and consultants–and someone who has done amazing things for my business.
Sarah is wizard-like at teaching companies like yours and mine how to get clear about what we should offer that customers are already hungry for. You can tell she’s great at what she does because Sarah is able to help her clients break the $50K/month mark.
But the reason she’s good is because she has walked this path herself.
In this episode, Sarah tells the story of finding herself turning down cash-in-hand clients because she saw holes in their businesses. These clients weren’t doing work worth paying attention to, which no headline could fix. Even if she could magnify their work, Sarah felt dishonest doing so. And that’s what set her on the road to changing her own business.
We talk about how Sarah got laser focused on who she did not want to serve, what she wanted to offer clients, and how she wanted to package it. Then we drill down into why that change made all the difference–how she was able to develop authority within her niche faster because she had taken a stand. Sales calls got easier, fulfillment got easier, and so did content creation. And we unpack why a similar adjustment, deciding to serve a niche not the whole crowd, can drastically change your business, as well.
If you’re a coach or a course creator, you’ll also be interested in hearing Sarah’s tips for making sure you’re working with the right mentors. She explains why, if you’re taking advice from someone whose daily life you don’t want, you’re likely optimizing your business around someone else’s finish line.
What You’ll Learn In This Podcast Episode:
- What Sarah means when she talks about “bro marketers.” 05:15
- The job duties of a messaging strategist versus a copywriter. 06:19
- The deep fear that may be keeping you from properly defining what you can do for your clients. 17:29
- The brilliance behind focusing on only the 3% of the market that truly needs you. 25:18
- The Drama Queen Exercise, which will help you generate ideas for attracting your dream clients. 28:55
- Whether weaving swears into your marketing might work for you. 30:39
- What analog days are and why Sarah plans one every week. 31:00
- The benefits of unfollowing all of your competitors. 32:28
- How you’re probably giving your clients less by trying to deliver more. 39:49
Links from This Episode: