Most days, my life feels pretty normal. I wake up at 7am—without an alarm. I eat the same thing for breakfast every day. I drive to my Think Digital office in downtown Des Moines, Iowa. Nothing exciting about that.
Since I’m so used to my own routine, I FORGET that my life is actually pretty weird, at least within the internet marketing space.
And whenever I hang out with other agency owners and service providers…
…their jaws DROP when I tell them what my daily schedule looks like.
- I work four days a week.
- I pick up my kids from school every day.
- I don’t do daily client fulfillment. (I’ve set up processes and trained Creative Account Managers for that.)
- I don’t even handle project management. (My Director of Operations handles that.)
- When I do dive into client work, it’s for high-level strategy and hands-on problem-solving.
- I spend most of my time writing, strategizing, and hopping on the phone with people who are ready to attend the next Agency Upgrade.
- And a couple times a year, I block off a handful of days on my calendar for in-person agency consulting.
Inside this entrepreneurship subculture, my schedule is downright BIZARRE.
Most of my business friends work sixty hour weeks, take their laptops on vacation, answer emails from their phones on date nights, stay up late finishing client work, spend every spare minute chasing new clients, worship Gary Vee, and say stuff like “it’s so hard to hire / delegate / systemize / find good people.”
And I call bullsh*t.
This week's episode explains why…and what you can do if you're done worshiping at the altar of HUSTLE.
Book a call with our team: http://thinkdigital.co/discovery